Recorded live on my seven-day Uniworld “Enchanting Danube” river cruise from Passau in Germany to Budapest in Hungary visiting Linz, Melk, Durnstein and Vienna along the way. In this two hour show, which is in two parts, I discuss my observations, insights, events and share my tips and advice about river cruising. My aim was to provide an in-depth report on what is it like to take a river cruise and all the events, surprises and things that happen along the way. It is full of tips and advice on how to make the most of river cruising based on my daily experiences.
In the show I cover:
(1) What it is like being on a river cruise for the first time.
(2) Differences between river and ocean cruising.
(3) Who a river cruise is best suited for, and why (including suitability for people with restricted mobility and special needs).
(4) Key Crew members, what they do and their thoughts on river cruising and insider tips.
(5) Things to do on a river cruise – is it as sedate as reputation has them being?
(6) Titan Travel VIP service.
(7) Details of what cruising the Danube is like, and what you should expect including:
– The Danube – facts and figures.
– Style, look and facilities on board the ship.
– Introductory briefing.
– Safety and environmental issues.
– Passenger type and mix – and why those chose to come on a river cruise.
– All-inclusive dining arrangements, food and on-board treats.
– What else is included in the all-inclusive fare.
– Fitness and wellness facilities.
– Daily program and daily update and destination departure and arrival talks.
– On-board entertainment and activities.
– Service standards and approach including the Uniworld Six-Star Service approach
– Technology and Wi-Fi on board including TV channels and the on-board Uniworld SmartPhone App.
– Ship details and how the Captain and crew navigate the Danube and locks
– Excursions in Passau, Linz, Melk, Vienna and Budapest including the different types of all-inclusive excursions available and additional fare paying excursions. I discuss the local guide approach and the QuietVox portable audio system used on tours.
(8)Packing advice and things to ensure you bring.
(9) Smoking policy.
(10) My overall observations, tips and advice on river cruising at the end of the cruise.
For more articles, photographs and videos visit my Uniworld River Cruise page: tipsfortravellers.com/Uniworld