Silversea Cruises Ticket Presentation Box
Booking to go on a cruise is just one milestone on the journey. By the time you you have booked you have already been on a journey of research and discovery! You will have already:
- Researched the cruise line
- Checked over the cruise route and ports to decide if it is right for you.
- Spoken to friends and your Cruise Agent to get their advice.
- Discussed the cruise with other passengers on Cruise Critic, and devoured blogs like this one to confirm you have made the right decision – and to get more advice and tips to prepare and feed your excitement.
You are counting down the days. The next milestone is the arrival of the tickets and detailed cruise information.
Silversea Cruises make the arrival of cruise tickets a real event, not just a routine administration procedure. It was a great surprise, and an event in itself. It sets the scene for the experience.
Below is a series of pictures I took of the tickets that arrived for my 7 Nights Baltic Cruise on the Silver Whisper.
The tickets and documents arrived by courier in the silver box pictured above. The box was embossed with the Silversea Logo. The process of signing for the package and then opening up to see this glamorous box not only set the tone for a luxury cruise, but also felt like an event in itself.
Inside the box is a Silversea Logo leather wallet, and a copy of the itinerary that you can leave with friends or family. This “leave behind” document has details of the cruise and all the important contact numbers and handling agents in each port should anyone need to contact you.
Inside the leather wallet is the detail and materials you need for the cruise. This includes:
- Cruise Ticket, which confirms your booking, suite type and number and details of the route.
- Silversea Logo Leather Luggage Tag.
- Paper luggage tags for your bags with your suite number. These are attached the bags that will be taken from you on arrival and taken to your suite.
- Silversea Cruises Information Booklet. This contains core details and advice about traveling with the cruise line.
- Specific booklet to your cruise. This booklet is unique and tailored to your cruise. Among other things if has a map of your route, details on how many “formal’, “informal” and “smart casual” nights, tips and advice for your cruise and then it also lists all of the ports and excursions available to book.
- “Bon Voyage” Gifts brochure. This is a list of items that friends, or you, can book to be delivered as surprises on-baord. Some of the items it includes are premium champagnes, flowers and spa gift vouchers that can be ordered.
The arrival of the Silversea Silver Box with tickets was a great way to make the milestone of the arrival of the tickets special. This attention to this event has made me even more eager to see what other little touches and treats are to come.
Join me on Silversea cruises to the Baltic Region on “Silver Whisper” and follow all the reports, podcasts and video on the Tips for Travellers Silversea Cruises Page, and by signing up for the Tips for Travellers Monthly Newsletter.
I travelled as a guest of Silversea on the Silver Whisper on a 7 night Baltics Cruise from Stockholm, visiting Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Copenhagen. Silversea are a privately owned, luxury all-inclusive, small ship cruise line with an Italian heritage that appeals to well-travelled, international guests.