PODCAST #4: DUBAI
To listen to this week’s podcast: click here
Subscribe to the podcast with this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/co/CHnQ or using the links on the right
I recorded the podcast in London on 30 September 2005, and MY TRAVEL REVIEWS OF DUBAI were based on a 10 day trip I had there for both pleasure and then work at the end of August. I had been to Dubai before for a short vacation the previous Easter.
In the podcast I look at:
- A brief history of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates
- 2 places to stay one very much if you are there for a vacation and the other if you are there on business
- What to do in Dubai – which is mostly about relaxing, swimming, shopping and eating!
- When to go to Dubai – as in summer it gets to be over 40 degrees Celsius by day and about 32 degrees by night
- My overall observations… as Dubai is a kind of strange place in many ways….!
- Book review. My review of a book called (which has nothing to do about Dubai – and a lot to do about the development of the cruise industry)
Le Royal Meridien Hotel
- Hotel website
- Room video clip **
- Glass lift video clip (showing you great view of the gardens, pool and beach) **
- Photographs: (to follow)
Emirates Tower Hotel
WEATHER AND OVERVIEW
WHAT TO DO
Dubailand Entertainment Park (under construction)
NOTES ON VIDEO
** When you click on the link for the video clips it will launch a window of your default media player. You may need to let it download before it plays smoothly. You can also “right click” and “save” to your computer and watch it that way too
On next week’s podcast: MY TRAVEL REVIEWS looks at the famous Cunard Ship QE2 (Queen Elizabeth 2) based on an email I received vai the blog