In this episode Gary Bembridge of TipsForTravellers.com, provides a historical overview, need-to-know facts as well as inspiration, advice and tips for visiting Taipei Taiwan. This is a revisit to Taipei and has all new information and suggestions.
On my recent visit I came to appreciate the city more and found new and exciting areas and sights to explore. I was struck by its modernity and energy. Although there are not many western tourists, it is a big tourist destination for Asian visitors, but was welcoming and easy for English-speakers to explore. It has a fascinating and dramatic history when the Chinese Government fled here with around 2 million refugees after losing the fight against the Communist uprising in 1949.
In the podcast hear about the must-see sights including:
- Taipei 101.
- Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, with the National Concert Hall and National Theatre in same park complex.
- Presidential Office Building.
- National Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall.
- Longshan Temple, Xingtian Temple and Dalongdong Baoan Temple.
- National Palace Museum.
- Taipei Zoo.
- Shinlin Night Market.
- Din Tai Fung Restaurant (my notes)
- Taipei City Government site: http://english.gov.taipei
- Taipei Metro: http://english.metro.taipei
- You Bikes: https://taipei.youbike.com.tw/en/index.php
- My photographs of Taipei and the sites mentioned above