Watch the video tour I made of Silversea Cruise’s Silver Whisper cruise ship. I take you on a tour, with commentary, through all the public areas, decks and a selection of the suites.. I even take you to the laundry rooms…….
Silversea’s Silver Whisper provides a small ship cruise experience carrying just 380 passengers. This privately owned line promises Italian inspired ultra-luxury, all-inclusive cruising in an all suite ship, most having balconies. 302 crew, almost 1 for every passenger, ensures a high level of service is possible on-board.
The pool on deck 8 is the popular hub and meeting place on the ship, with a large pool and 2 hot tubs. It is surrounded by loungers and cosy cabana style chairs to relax in.
Another hub is the lobby midship on deck 5 with the reception and shore excursion desks.
Small ship does not mean small choice.
There are 4 dining venues:
- The Restaurant is the main dining room. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with full waiter service and complementary wines.
- La Terrazza on deck 7 is a popular alternative. This bright venue has buffet breakfast and lunch and waiter service dinner. Lunch, for example, is a generous selection of cold meats, range of fresh salads, selection is sashimi and sushi, a choice of hot dishes, as well as a dazzling array of delicious desserts.
- La Champagne is the gourmet dining restaurant. This intimate venue is the only restaurant that has an additional charge to eat in.
- The Pool Terrace serves breakfast and lunch. Hot Rocks at night offers an unusual dining experience. Meat cooks on 420 degree lava rocks at your table.
Silver Whisper also has a choice of lounges and bars.
- The Panorama Lounge at the rear of the ship on deck 8 has great views on 3 sides, live music at night and is where traditional afternoon tea is served daily at 4pm.
- The Bar is the late night venue with dance floor, DJ or live music. It is popular after the evening theatre shows.
- Up on deck 10 at the front of the ship is the Observation Lounge. Looking over the bow of the ship, coffee and snacks are available all day.
- Connoisseur Corner is the cigar and smoking lounge and is reminiscent of a traditional gentleman’s club.
- On the same level is a Conference Room for meetings and gatherings, while the card room next door is also used for inter-denominational services.
There is a well stocked library of books and DVDs, offering a quiet spot to read. Newspapers from around the world are available, as are daily crosswords and quizzes. An Internet Cafe is available, although most people use the ship wide wi-fi service.
The Venetian show lounge is a tiered theatre on deck 6 where talks, movies and the nightly shows by the Artists of Silversea take place.
On deck 5 is the small casino with tables and slot machines. There is also a large boutique selling daily necessities, Silversea branded goods and clothes. A Robert Coin jewellery shop is next door selling designer jewellery and gifts.
The Spa and hairdressers offers a wide range of Elemis treatments, while the small but well equipped fitness centre also offers classes and personal training.
The laundry rooms around the ship are also popular – even ultra luxury passengers like to do some of their own washing and ironing!
Small ship still means there are expanses of open decks to relax, jog and walk around.
There are a wide range of suites on the ship. The most common are the Verandah Suites like this one.
The Medallion Suites offer even more space, including dining table and more separate bed area.
While the huge Grand Suites, like this one, have a very large lounge / dining area and separate bedroom.
Silversea small ship luxury, with an Italian flair. I loved it.
Read all my articles and reports about my Silversea experience at https://www.tipsfortravellers.com/silversea
I travelled as a guest of Silversea on the Silver Whisper on a 7 night Baltics Cruise from Stockholm, visiting Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Copenhagen. Silversea are a privately owned, luxury all-inclusive, small ship cruise line with an Italian heritage that appeals to well-travelled, international guests. You can also follow Silversea on Facebook and Silversea on Twitter.