In this cruise packing tips video I talk about the ten things that you should never pack, along with the reasons why. Some of these may surprise you as they are not all obvious. Ensure your cruise goes smoothly by not making these cruise packing mistakes. If you have any other suggestions or experiences to add, please leave a comment on the article.
Watch the video:
Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/326zvIrov8k
In the video you will hear about things ranging from the obvious (like illegal drugs) through to the unexpected like sports equipment. The items include:
- Anything valuable. Cameras, laptops, drones, jewellery, watches.
- Important papers and documents.
- Prescription Medication.
- Illegal drugs, Some countries, including United Arab Emirates, have restrictions on some prescription and over-the-counter drugs like codeine and if visiting conservative countries like this check these on their government websites.
- Alcoholic beverages. Most cruise lines do not allow passengers to bring this on board and will hold it until the end of the trip. Check if there is any flexibility with the line or your cruise agent.
- Candles, Incense, flammable liquids and fireworks. No open flames are permitted in your cabins.
- Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons & Hot Plates.
- Firearms and weapons like knives over 10cm blade.
- HAM Radios & Walkie Talkies.
- Sports equipment like bikes, skateboards, surfboards, Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows.