In this episode Gary Bembridge of TipsForTravellers.com, provides a historical overview, need-to-know facts as well as inspiration, advice and tips for visiting Nagasaki in Japan.
There is more to the city than just memorials and reminders of that event. It is a city that welcomed, and had long links, with the West even when Japan followed an isolation policy. I found it to be a pretty, welcoming city that has gorgeous parks, historical buildings and great museums. The podcast explores all of this.
Must-see and Must-Do covered in the podcast:
- Atomic Bomb Museum.
- Nagasaki National Peace Memorial Hall.
- Atomic Bomb Hypocentre.
- Nagasaki Peace Park.
- One-legged Torii Gate.
- Mount Inasa Lookout.
- Glover Garden.
- Oura Catholic Church.
- Kofukuji Temple.
- 25 Matyrs Memorial.
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Japan (USA Listeners) (UK Listeners)
- Official Nagasaki Tourist site: http://travel.at-nagasaki.jp
- Discounts with Traveller Card: http://travel.at-nagasaki.jp/resources/2016/DiscountCard.pdf
- Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum: http://nagasakipeace.jp/index_e.html
- Nagasaki Peace Memorial Hall: http://www.peace-nagasaki.go.jp/english/index.html
- Mount Inasa: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4412.html
- Glover Garden: http://www.glover-garden.jp/foreign/english.html
- After listening to the podcast and have any thoughts please leave a comment on Tipsfortravellers.com/podcast, email me or leave a review on iTunes.
- Please subscribe (and leave a review) to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio.
- Want to support the podcast? Consider becoming a Patron. Find out more at tipsfortravellers.com/patron