One of the options when visiting any of the main holiday destinations in Europe like Kefalonia in Greece, is to avoid hotels and resorts and find a place of your own by hiring a villa. This is often a more cost effective option if you are travelling with friends and children. Most will have a pool and so also means that you can stay at the villa some days, and avoid packing up for a day on the beach.
- The ground floor is open plan and spacious, it is very bright and airy:
- There are 2 seating areas, one by the fire place and then an “L” shaped sofa area.
- A large dining table and chairs.
- Large kitchen with dishwasher and fridge/ freezer.
- Downstairs toilet.
- Sky Satellite TV that gets many of the UK channels, though not BBC and ITV.
- Main bedroom with double bed, TV and en suite bathroom with bath. Access to a balcony
- Second bedroom with double bed and access to the same balcony. Huge amount of storage.
- Third bedroom with twin beds, lots of storage and a safe in one of the cupboards.
- Bathroom with large shower.
- As mentioned there is a very large patio with outside seating, table to eat at and 6 wooden loungers and 2 parasols. There is a storage room where the the washing machine is and the cushions for the loungers.
- Parking area for your rental car.
- Hammock to lounge about in.
- Built in Barbecue .
You get very detailed document from the owner (Margot) on how things work in the villa, and lots of suggestions of places to eat, shop and visit. I also, of course, recommend my own The Ultimate Tips for Travellers to Kefalonia: How To Get The Most Out Of the Island! There is a Villa Manager that will visit you that evening or next morning, and a cleaner will come in once during the week. Check in time is 4pm, and check out time is 10am.
Watch my video tour of Korianna House:
- Ultimate Tips for Travellers Visiting Kefalonia: How To Get The Most Out of the Island
- My Photos of Korianna House and Kefalonia
- Korianna House Facebook Page
- Booking agents for Korianna House: Holiday Rentals, Holiday Lettings
If you liked this post, please share it on your favourite social media site using the sharing buttons. I would really appreciate it if you Sign up for the eMail Newsletter (Don’t miss any future posts!), join my Facebook Page, Twitter and/or Subscribe to the Podcast. Thanks