CUNARD QM2 QUEEN MARY 2 Q4 PENTHOUSE SUITE REVIEW
We travelled in Penthouse suite 10092 on the Queen Mary 2 from New York to Southampton in April 2009. And what a suite it is!
Originally we had booked in a Q6 suite, which is a Queen Grill level cabin, and been upgraded into a Q4 Penthouse Suite. On Cunard, like on many airlines, there are broadly 3 different classes that are linked to the restaurant that you eat in: Britannia; Princess Grill and Queens Grill. Queens Grill is kind of like their “first class”. It is a great experience and the dining room is not only beautiful but has incredible food (where you chose from the menu for that day or an a la carte menu if nothing takes your fancy) and 3 waiters look after you. You also have a butler and then someone who cleans the cabin. You also get priority check-in, embarkation and some dedicated lounges and deck.
The suite was a staggering 725 square feet, which makes it about the size of 3 regular cabins. It is not only huge but stunning.
The layout is as follows:
· On entering the cabin there is a guest bathroom with basin on the right of the entrance.
· Then there is a dining room areas with a 4 seat dining table and bar area, which has a bar that is stocked with soft drinks and then you chose 2 spirits that are all included.
· Then into a seating area with massive sofa, chair and table.
· Then an area with a large dressing table/ desk and TV with DVD player and X-box. You can chose from hundreds of DVDs and games which the Butler will get or you can get from the Conceirge lounge.
· Then the bed area. The bed is large and very comfortable, and you cab chose the types of pillows you want.
· Off that is a huge walk in cupboard with loads of hanging space and drawers.
· Then a huge bathroom with toilet, bidet, Jacuzzi bath and then large shower.
· The balcony is also massive with 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table.
The style and décor is rich and warm, with stylish lamps, cushions and fresh flowers every day. Even the curtains are controlled by a button.
Our charming butler (Andres) was off the QE2 and was very chatty and helpful.
The suite was at the front of the ship on Deck 10 and due to its position was very quiet as no-one walked past either as the corridor was a dead end as it is the upper floor of the very posh suites at the back.his was a glorious and stunning suite and an amazing treat.
Watch a video o the Q4 Penthouse Suite 10092 on YouTube: click here or watch on the blog posting.