Cruise Tips 59: Cruise Packing – Carry-on Luggage Tips
Gary Bembridge author of “The Cruise Traveler’s Handbook” provides another 60-Second Cruise Tip. For more visit http://www.60secondcruisetips.com and subscribe free to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and TuneIn Radio
When heading off on a cruise you should assume your suitcase will be delivered to your cabin after the ship has departed, and so I always recommend to cruisers that they should pack the following into a carry-on bag rather than suitcases they hand in at check-in.
- Your cruise tickets, most lines require you to check-in online and print off an eTicket.
- Identity documents including passport and another photo ID, such as a driver’s license.
- Credit card, or cash to cover on-board spend. You have to provide this when checking in. Some cruise lines do not take debit cards, so check in advance.
- Valuables including electronic goods like cameras, tablets, smartphones and laptops and jewellery and watches.
- Important documents like travel insurance documents, emergency contact numbers and copies of visas and vaccination certificates.
- Things you may need before your bags arrive in your cabin, like swimwear if you want to swim or use the hot tub before the ship departs.
A simple test is to think about what you would least like to go astray and what you want to do on the ship before your regular suitcase to arrives.