Since 2005, Tips for Travellers has helped travellers make the most of their precious travel time and money by providing Inspiration, advice, tips and tricks on finding and having a luxurious travel experience on land and sea. All the content is based on my first-hand experiences from travelling every month of every year for over 25 years – and visiting many destinations multiple times.
There are videos, audio and video podcasts, articles and books. All written and made by Gary Bembridge.
Millions rely on Tips For Travellers with:
- Over 33 million YouTube Video Views (500,000 video views a month).
- Over One million audio podcast downloads (180,000 a year).
- Over 170,000 blog visitors a year.
Who is behind Tips for Travellers?
Gary Bembridge was born in Zimabwe and been based in London since 1987. He has travelled every month of every year for 25 years. He used to be a Global Marketing Vice President for major multi-nationals, but since 2012 has been exclusively focusing on creating travel content including videos, audio podcasts, books and articles. He enjoys exploring the world in comfort and seeking out the must-see places and things to see.
Follow Tips for Travellers:
- The Cruise Traveler’s Handbook (Paperback and eBook)
- Essential Cruise Tips For First-Time Cruisers
- Cruising With Cunard
- Cruising With MSC Cruises
- River Cruising: Essential Tips
- Luxury Cruising Tips For Travellers
- Must-See Destinations Tips For Travellers
My Travel 2018
- Feb: Orlando Florida
- Mar: Silversea Silver Spirit Palermo & Queen Victoria Hamburg
- Apr: CroisiEurope Seine Cruise and Tampa (Florida)
- May: Royal Princess British isles and Holland America Alaska Cruise
- Jun: Wales
- Jul: Hapag-Lloyd Europa 2 Med
- Aug: Voyages to Antiquity Iceland and Azamara Pursuit
- Oct: Azamara Greek Isles
- Nov: AmaWaterways Rhine
- Dec: Perth & Western Australia
My Travel 2017
- Jan: Singapore
- Feb: Cardiff, Bath
- Mar: Hastings, Jerusalem, Titan Serenade European River Cruise
- Apr: Silver Muse Europe Cruise, Princess Cruises British Isles Cruise
- May: Tanzania
- June: Barcelona (Visiting Holland America Westerdam), Windstar Cruises Gaelic Explorers (Edinburgh to Dublin)
- July: Turku (Finland) for the Tall Ships Race
- Sep: Hamburg (Cruise Days)
- Oct: Germany Rhine Valley
- Nov: Avalon Romantic Rhine River Cruise (Basel to Amsterdam)
My Travel 2016
- Jan: Azores, Cape Canaveral, Miami, Aruba, Cartagena (Columbia), Panama Canal
- Feb: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Hawaii, Samoa, Auckland, Christchurch
- Mar: Sydney, Noosa (Australia), Hong Kong, Shanghai, South Korea, Japan
- Apr: Macau, Devon
- May: Florida
- Jun: Las Vegas, Palm Springs
- Jul: France CroisiEurope Loire River Cruise
- Aug: Finland
- Sep: Emerald Waterways “Enchantment of Eastern Europe” River Cruise
- Oct: Windstar Star Breeze “Venetian Passageways”, Venice
- Nov: Fred Olsen Balmoral “Spanish Autumn Break”
- Dec: Houston, Oceania Insignia Eastern Caribbean Cruise, Miami
My Travel 2015
- Jan: Barbados, St. Kitts
- Mar: Devon
- Apr: Venice and Northern Italy, Costa Brava (Spain)
- May: Norwegian Fjords (Stavanger, Bergen)
- Jun: British Columbia Canada, (Vancouver, Victoria, Knight Inlet), Harz (Germany)
- Jul: Rocky Mountains and Arctic Circle (Norway)
- Aug: New York
- Sep: Jordan
- Oct: St Maarten, St Lucia
- Nov: Dominica, Grenada, Barbados
- Dec: Amsterdam, Genoa
My Travel 2014
- Jan: Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon
- Feb: Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, Gold Coast
- Mar: Darwin,The Ghan, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns, Kota Kinabalu, Shanghai
- Apr: Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Langkwai, Colombo, Dubai
- May: Budapest, Vienna, Linz, Passau, Calais
- June: Marseille, Palma de Mallorca, Valletta (Malta), Trapani (Sicily), Civitavecchia/ Rome, La Spezia (Italy)
- July: Cornwall
- August: Porto Venere (Italy), Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Lisbon, Oporto
- September: Bordeaux (Bassens, Le Verdon)
- October: Flanders (Belgium), Doha (Qatar) Athens, Kusadasi (Turkey), Bodrum (Turkey), Souda Bay (Greece), Katakolon (Greece), Kerkira (Corfu), Crotone (Italy), Bastia (Corsica), Florence
- November: Vienna, Genoa, Marseilles
- December: Bruges, New York, St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Lucia
My Travel 2013
- Jan: St. Thomas. St. Maarten. New York
- Feb: Berlin
- Mar: Rotterdam. Genoa. Capri. Taormina. Tunis. Edinburgh
- Apr: New York. Niagara Falls. Toronto
- May: Portsmouth
- Jul: Stockholm. Tallinn. St Petersburg. Helsinki.
- Aug: Las Vegas
- Sep: Los Angeles. Dublin.
- Oct: Barcelona. Naples (Pompeii & Herculaneum). Palermo. Livorno. Toulon. Kristiansand (Norway)
- Nov: Miami.
- Dec: Barcelona. Las Vegas.
I am a massive fan of Cruising, with over 35 cruises done:
- P&O Aurora Europe 2004.
- P&O Aurora Mini Cruise 2004.
- QE2 Transatlantic 2004.
- P&O Arcadia Mediterranean 2005.
- Queen Mary 2 Hamburg 2006.
- P&O Aurora Europe 2007.
- P&O Arcadia Caribbean 2007.
- Queen Victoria Europe 2008.
- Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic 2009.
- Queen Mary 2 Europe 2010.
- Queen Elizabeth Europe 2011
- P&O Arcadia Europe 2011.
- P&O Arcadia Russell Watson Theme Cruise 2011.
- Queen Elizabeth Fjords 2012.
- Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic 2012.
- Queen Mary 2 Caribbean 2012/ 2013.
- MSC Preziosa Mediterranean 2013
- Silversea Baltic 2013
- Norwegian Epic Mediterranean 2013
- Holland America Mediterranean 2013
- MSC Divina Miami Caribbean Inaugural 2013
- Costa Serena Mediterranean (December 2013)
- Norwegian Getaway Inaugural Europe (January 2014)
- Queen Mary 2 World Cruise Sydney to Hong Kong (March 2014)
- Queen Mary 2 Hong Kong to Dubai (April 2014)
- Uniworld River Beatrice Danube river cruise (May 2014)
- MSC Lirica Mediterranean (June 2014)
- Crystal Cruises “European Cachet” (Rome to Southampton) (August 2014)
- Seabourn Sojourn “Autumn Isles” Mediterranean (October 2014)
- MSC Armonia (post stretching dry dock) (November 2014)
- Queen Mary 2 Bruge Christmas Market (December 2014)
- Queen Mary 2 Caribbean (December 2014)
- Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing New York – Southampton (January 2015)
- P&O Britannia Naming (March 2015)
- Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas (April 2015)
- Fred Olsen Fjords (May 2015)
- Silversea Silver Explorer Arctic (July 2015)
- P&O Britannia Caribbean Transatlantic (Oct 2015)
- Queen Victoria Southampton to Fort Lauderdale (January 2016)
- Queen Victoria Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco (February 2016)
- Queen Victoria San Francisco to Sydney (March 2016)
- Queen Elizabeth Japan (March 2016)
- CroisiEurope Loire River Cruise (July 2016)
- Emerald Waterways “Enchantment of Eastern Europe” River Cruise (September 2016)
- Windstar Star Breeze “Venetian Passageways” (October 2016)
- Fred Olsen Balmoral “Spanish Autumn Break” (November 2016)
- Oceania Insignia Eastern Caribbean (December 2016)
- Titan Serenade European River Cruise (March 2017)
- Silversea Silver Muse (April 2017)
- Princess Cruises British Isles (May 2017)
- Windstar Star Pride Gaelic Explorers (June 2017)
- Avalon Romantic Rhine River Cruise (Basel to Amsterdam) (Nov 2017)
- Queen Victoria Hamburg mini-cruise (March 2018)
- CroisiEurope Seine River Cruise (April 2018)
- Royal Princess British Isles (May 2018)
- Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska (May 2018)
To be done:
- Hapag-Lloyd Europa 2 Med (July 2018)
- Voyages to Antiquity Iceland (Aug 2018)
- Azamara Pursuit (Aug 2018)
- Azamara Greek Isles (Oct 2018)
- AmaWaterways Rhine (Nov 2018)
- Cunard Queen Elizabeth mimi-cruise (Dec 2018)
- Silversea Silver Cloud Antarctica (Feb 2019)