River Cruising Tips Live : Two-Part Audio Show with River Cruise Tips, Advice and Observations
River Cruising “Live” – a two-part two-hour show bringing you everything you need to know about the river cruise experience!
Recorded live on my seven-day Uniworld “Enchanting Danube” river cruise from Passau in Germany to Budapest in Hungary visiting Linz, Melk, Durnstein and Vienna along the way, this two-part two-hour audio show brings you my observations, insights, tips and detailed advice about river cruising. The aim of the show is to provide an in-depth report on what is it like to take a river cruise with the events, surprises and things that happen along the way. It is full of tips and advice on how to make the most of river cruising based on my experiences.
In the show I cover:
- What it is like being on a river cruise for the first time.
- Who a river cruise is best suited for, and why (including suitability for people with restricted mobility and special needs).
- Key Crew members, what they do and their thoughts on river cruising and insider tips.
- Things to do on a river cruise – is it as sedate as reputation has them being?
- Titan Travel VIP service for UK travellers.
- Details of what cruising the Danube is like, and what you should expect including:
- The Danube – facts and figures.
- Style, look and facilities on board the ship.
- Introductory briefing.
- Safety and environmental issues.
- Passenger type and mix – and why those chose to come on a river cruise.
- All-inclusive dining arrangements, food and on-board treats.
- What else is included in the all-inclusive fare.
- Fitness and wellness facilities.
- Daily program and daily update and destination departure and arrival talks.
- On-board entertainment and activities.
- Service standards and approach including the Uniworld Six-Star Service approach
- Technology and Wi-Fi on board including TV channels and the on-board Uniworld SmartPhone App.
- Ship details and how the Captain and crew navigate the Danube and locks
- Excursions in Passau, Linz, Melk, Vienna and Budapest including the different types of all-inclusive excursions available and additional fare paying excursions. I discuss the local guide approach and the QuietVox portable audio system used on tours.
- Smoking policy.
- Differences between river and ocean cruising.
- My overall observations, tips and advice on river cruising at the end of the cruise.
- Packing advice and things to ensure you bring.
You can listen to the two parts of the show online using the online players below, clicking on “River Cruise Live Part One” and “River Cruise Live Part Two” or by subscribing for free to the Tips for Travellers Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio otr using the RSS feed in your favourite podcast app or catcher.
River Cruising Tips Live: Part One
River Cruising Tips Live: Part Two
See all my articles, photographs, audio shows and videos at tipsfortravellers.com/uniworld
Declaration: I travelled as a guest of Uniworld River Cruises and Titan Travel on a 7-night “Enchanting Danube” river cruise on the River Beatrice ship. Uniworld is the world’s only boutique river cruise line. You can follow them on their Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr and Instragram . You can even follow the President and CEO (Guy A. Young) on Twitter.