Cruising Tips 56: Cruise Money Saving Tips Part 2
Gary Bembridge author of “The Cruise Traveler’s Handbook” provides another 60-Second Cruise Tip. For more visit http://www.60secondcruisetips.com and subscribe free to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and TuneIn Radio
6 More Money Saving Tips
I am always asked how cruisers can save money on board. The following are six more tips on savings to help you stay within budget:
- Use the free juices, teas, coffees and water at meals and in the buffet rather than ordering them at the pool, bars or lounges.
- Water fountains are around the ship and, although it is not encouraged, you can refill water bottles there. Many lines allow you to bring bottled water and sodas on board. Check in advance if this is permitted.
- See if your cruise line allows you to bring any alcohol for use in your cabin. Most do not, but some may permit limited quantities and charge corkage fees in the restaurants.
- Attend cocktail parties you are invited to as they serve free drinks and canapés.
- Check if there will be a CruiseCritic Meet & Mingle event and sign up. In addition to receiving free refreshments you will also meet other guests who will have money saving tips.
- Stay clear of promotional activities like merchandise sales tables, shopping talks, art shows and auctions and on-board stores.
Do not shop close to the port as these are likely to have premium prices. Ask the crew where they go to shop as they are likely to know the best markets, stores and malls.
Get more of my money saving tips in other episodes
cruise, cruising, tip, tips, advice,
Great tips Gary, looking forward to the next episode of this series. 🙂