Cruising Tips 55: Cruise Money Saving Tips 1
Gary Bembridge author of “The Cruise Traveler’s Handbook” provides another 60-Second Cruise Tip. For more visit http://www.60secondcruisetips.com and subscribe free to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and TuneIn Radio
6 Money Saving Tips
I am always asked how cruisers can save money on board. You can be sure that the line will be working hard to get you to spend money and you need to budget and ensure you monitor and track your spending.
The following are five tips on savings to help you stay within budget:
- Compare arranging your own flights, pre and post trip accommodation and transfers to and from the ship. You can often beat cruise line prices.
- Research the ports you will be visiting before departing and plan some self-touring or alternative inexpensive independent provider tours.
- Return to the ship for meals if self-touring rather than buying food on land.
- Use the shuttle bus and public transport instead of taxis. You will always find other passengers who are also finding their own way around or have been to the port before to assist. The local tourism office will also help.
- Review the packages offered on embarkation day and assess if you can save or budget better by purchasing these. The most common ones offering the best discounts are for drinks, Internet and excursions.
Get more of my money saving tips in other episodes
cruise, cruising, tip, tips, advice,