Gary Bembridge of Tips for Travellers shares observations, tips and advice on must-see and must-do sights and attractions for visitors for visitors to Valetta and Mdina in Malta.
Visiting is like stepping into a medieval film set or being transported back in time. It is unlike any place I had seen before with its mix of influences leading to dramatic buildings and forts. Great weather, especially in summer, and the atmosphere draws tourists here. While there are good beaches the history and remarkable sites of Valetta and Mdina are the magic in my view.
This show covers among other topics:
- General tips for visitors
- Best time to go
- Getting there and getting around
- Must-do things to see and do including:
- Walled city of Mdina and St Paul’s Cathedral
- Great Seige and Knights of St John Experience
- Upper Barracca Gardens
- Houses of Parliament
- Palace of the Grand Masters
- National Museum of Fine Arts
- Merchant Street Market
- Popeye Village
This episode is supported by “DK Eyewitness Travel: Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean”. For more and to buy the guide click here