Cunard Cruise Line is a cruise line that has survived for over 175 years. It managed to survive the collapse of the transatlantic crossing business with the birth of jet liner travel that destroyed most companies. Today it flourishes as a prestige cruise company – and the ONLY one that has a scheduled transatlantic service and the ONLY one with a true Ocean Liner in its fleet.
Cunard is the company that I have cruised or crossed the Atlantic with more than any other cruise line. I am drawn to the British Nature of the line, with its long history and heritage.
I have been on all of the recent fleet, Queen Elizabeth 2, Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, and am a Platinum Level Frequent Traveler. On this feature page are many of the articles, audio podcasts and videos I have made about the history, heritage and advice and tips of cruising with Cunard.
My Cunard Heritage and History Articles
- 10 historic events that helped to define the iconic Cunard Cruise Line and all it stands for. This is stunning and long surviving cruise line dates back to the 19th Century. These are 10 events that have marked the remarkable history of the line.
- Cunard and the history of transatlantic crossings. The line was a pioneer in creating scheduled transatlantic crossings, and is the only cruise line that still has a scheduled service. This article explores that history.
- Is Cunard retaining its distinctiveness now that it is owned by the massive Carnival Cruise Conglomerate? Many feel that Cunard is changing, this article explores if this is more to do with cruise passenger trends and demands – or due to being “Americanised” and “Carnival-ised.
- Cunard Cruise Line History: how design and decor have been used to differentiate Cunard. A look at 3 aspects of design and decor that set Cunard aside from other cruise lines – some dating back to the very first ships!
Cruising with Cunard
- Highs & Lows of Cruising on Cunard Queen Mary 2. 3 highlights and 3 low-lights based on spending 3 weeks on-board the QM2
- Cunard Transatlantic Crossing on Queen Mary 2: a day-by-day journal of what it is like to be on a crossing from New York to Southampton.
- Cunard 7 Nights Norwegian Fjords Cruise. Day-by-day journal and review, including all the port reviews.
- Queen Mary 2 World Voyage. My observations, insights, tips and advice about travelling on a world voyage in a 6-part audio series I recorded whilst on board two legs of the world voyage from Sydney to Dubai
My profile of doing a Transatlantic Crossing on Cunard Queen Mary 2
- Food Glorious Food: Guide to 24 Hours of Eating
- Profile of Passengers on a Crossing
- Power of the Atlantic
- Cunard Insights Program Observations
My Cunard Cruise Tips and Advice: Before a cruise, On-Board and During The Cruise
How to get the best Cunard deal for your cruise or crossing. Advice on tips to ensure you get the very best price.
The history of afternoon tea – on land and at sea. This article explores the very English tradition of afternoon tea on land, and how the cruise industry – and Cunard in particular – has taken on the tradition.
Cunard Behind-the-Scenes Tour Review and Photos. This costs at least $120 and at most 20 people can go per excursion run on sea days. What will you see, and is it worth doing?
How Cunard keep Norovirus at bay. Keeping Norovirus at bay, and Cruising with a Norovirus out-break on-board – what it is like.
Cunard World Cruise
I spent 12 weeks cruising on the Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth on multiple legs of their world cruises. Follow the experience and get insights and tips in my 12-part series:
- Week One: Southampton to the Azores
- Week Two: Port Canaveral to Aruba
- Week Three: Aruba to Guatemala via Panama Canal
- Week Four: Guatemala to San Francisco
- rest to follow
My Cunard Ship Reviews
- Cunard Queen Mary 2 Penthouse Suite.
- Cunard Queen Elizabeth.
- Cunard Queen Victoria
- Cunard Queen Elizabeth 2 (2004 review before the ship was retired). My video tour inside the QE2.
My Cunard Audio Podcasts
- Transatlantic crossing: On-board experience Part 1 and On-board experience part 2
- Cruise Ship Jobs Behind the scenes interviews: Entertainment Directors; Hotel Manager & Executive Chef; Social Host & Gentleman Host
- Behind the scenes insights and tour on Cunard Queen Elizabeth
- Cunard Queen Elizabeth Review
- Cunard Queen Victoria Review
- Cunard Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing
My Cunard Videos and Tours
- Cunard Queen Mary 2. Winter Crossing and Full Ship Video Tour
- Cunard Queen Mary 2 Q6 Suite
- Cunard Queen Mary 2 Q4 Penthouse Suite
- Cunard Queen Elizabeth Tour and Review
- Cunard Queen Elizabeth Q4 Suite
- Cunard Queen Victoria Q4 Suite
- Cunard QE2 Tour – Part 1 (interiors) and Part 2 (exteriors and sea)
General Cruising Advice and Tips
You can also read about more general cruise advice and tips by visiting my Tips for Travellers Cruise Page, where you can read many articles of advice and tips, including:
- Tips for first time cruisers.
- Why and when a cruise is better than a land based vacation.
- The main types of and cruising destinations.
- How to get the best price for your cruise.
- How to save money on port excursions.
- How to get the most of of cruising the Caribbean, Fjords, Transatlantic Crossings and other regions.
Help me to improve the Tips for Travellers blog by doing a short 10 question survey online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/tipsfortravellers