The Cruise Traveler’s Handbook
How to find and enjoy unforgettable cruise vacations
The Cruise Traveler’s Handbook is one of the Traveler’s Handbook series and provides inspiration, advice and tips on how to explore the world from the water, including ocean, river and canal cruising. Using this handbook will help travelers to ensure they find and have unforgettable cruise vacations most suited to them.
The Cruise Traveler’s Handbook explores:
- When cruising is better than land based vacations.
- Which type of cruising is best suited to different types of traveler.
- The main destinations you can cruise to, and who they are best suited for.
- How to chose the right type of cruise, cruise line and cabin.
- How to budget and ensure you get the best fare.
- How to get the most out of your time on-board.
Tips for Travellers Press books
Essential Cruise Tips
Want to go on a cruise but have questions or need help navigating through all the complexities and conflicting advice?
This book is designed to make choosing and getting the most out of your first cruise simple and easy, by providing you with only the most essential tips and advice you need to know including first-time tips, common mistakes to avoid, budgeting and saving money on fares, excursions and on board, cruise contract watch-outs, packing (what to bring and to leave at home) and much more
This book simplifies the process by distilling down the must-know things into a manageable and practical guide to help guide you to and through a wonderful cruising experience.
Cruising with Cunard
Advice and tips on planning and getting the most out of cruising with Cunard Cruise Line.
This 236 page book of articles and photographs provides a history, advice and tips on planning and getting the most out cruising with Cunard. It provides first hand advice and tips generated from a decade of cruising with this famous line. The guide draws on my experiences of traveling on all of Cunard’s fleet since the Queen Elizabeth 2 and from multiple trips, as well as talking to passengers and crew.
In addition to Cunard advice it also contains general cruising advice and tips including advice for first time cruisers, cruising the Caribbean, cruising the Norwegian Fjords and Transatlantic Crossings.
European River Cruising: Tips, Tricks and Advice
The book is over 20,000 words long and provides tips, tricks and advice on doing and getting the most from a river cruise in Europe. The topics covered include:
- River Cruising Overview.
- River Cruise Myths and Realities.
- River Cruising Lines.
- Best River Destinations.
- 10 Things to expect on a European River Cruise.
- 10 Reasons to do a European River Cruise.
- European River Cruising Tips.
- Ocean versus River Cruises.
- Reviews and tips about CroisiEurope, Uniworld and Emerald Waterways.
- There is also a day-by-day example of a river cruise down the Danube to illustrate what to expect and frequently asked questions section, like who it is out suited for, fares, packing and how to get the most of your time on board.